Have you had enough, and you feel it’s time to finally shed those pounds?
Weight-loss is never easy, especially losing weight and keeping it off. More often than not, people change their diet for a little while, only to lose weight and gain it back—and add some—as soon as they get back to their usual eating habits. Does this sound like you?
No need to feel bad about it, honestly. There is a good reason why this happens to so many. Even the most determined seem to keep falling into the trap of regaining the weight. Or never really losing it in the first place.
But today, I want to share a secret with you about how to achieve the most ambitious weight-loss goals.
You see, the thing is, failing to achieve your weight-loss goals has nothing to do with your resolve, your particular diet, or your metabolism. Too often, people who want to lose weight focus on trivial obstacles, like which diet to follow or which exercise regimen, and so on.
And yet the solution doesn’t reside in any diet book. The solution to achieving your most ambitious weight-loss goals—and maintaining the results—is breaking down your goal to its simplest form and start making marginal improvements along the way.
Let’s just say you want to lose 20 pounds to look your best at a family wedding in 12 weeks. If you break this down, it is only 1.67 pounds a week, which amounts to 0.24 pounds a day. Once you figure out your basic caloric intake and what deficit you would need to achieve this goal, then the whole process becomes much more attainable. Just focus on your daily choices.
When you focus on smaller weight-loss goals, it is easier to navigate obstacles along the way. Think about it. If your conscious decision is to train every Monday and Friday, rather than to lose 20 lbs, rescheduling your week is a manageable problem.
The basic principle of achieving ambitious weight-loss goals
The principle is to break your big goal down into several manageable decisions. Break it into marginal adjustments of your daily routine and become an active participator. It’s about actively making decisions about what happens in your life, starting from the little things. Like what you put on your plate for every meal.
All you have to do is break your diet and exercise regimen into several manageable decisions so that their compound effect will lead you to achieve results.
The big project of losing all the weight and achieving your dream figure might seem overwhelming. However, try breaking this down into small manageable daily habits.
- Walk a bit more every day, take the stairs, park the car a bit further away.
- Start by going to the gym just twice per week on the way home.
- Eat smaller portions and make marginally better and healthier choices.
- No need to abolish sugar or alcohol, just reduce consumption and indulge sparingly over the weekend.
- Try replacing sugar with honey, full-fat dietary products with low fat, nibble on dried fruit and nuts rather than bread or chips.
- Don’t forget your drinks! Reduce the consumption of soda drinks and add drinking water in your daily habits. Simply drinking eight glasses of water per day might have a big impact! Read this article on the benefits of drinking water.
- Even if you don’t delete anything from your daily diet, start adding more and more of the healthy stuff. Chop up that apple, carrot, cucumber, or whatever when you indulge in your favorite treat.
- Go for the little things.
For further inspiration and support
The best way to reframe your mindset and restart your daily active decision-making process is to join a Fitness Camp that can offer all the support that you need. A passionate and friendly team of instructors will teach all you need to know about nutrition, exercise, and making healthy choices. They will help you reframe your goal and break it down to small manageable daily actions. You will not be alone in this!
Plus, what can be better than to shed some pounds at a Caribbean beach?
The Extreme Fitness Camps in the Dominican Republic offer a wonderful place and a welcoming community vibe, with a lot of support and delicious farm-to-table meals from their very own organic Taino farm. The exotic atmosphere provides the perfect setting for rejuvenation and a renewed attitude towards life.
Small manageable decisions every day are key. Start now!